- March 27, 2020
- Posted by: MobHeart
- Category: News
Mobile Heart Specialists is now offering Telemedicine Appointments to patients beginning Monday, March 30, 2020. Telemedicine involves the use of electronic communications and software to provide medical services without the need for an in-person visit. This will allow our physicians to continue to provide dedicated cardiac services, while minimizing the risk to our patients. It’s simple to use, and the secure, HIPAA-compliant videoconferencing technology can be used with any device.
Telehealth benefits include:
- Be seen/treated from anywhere
- No travel time
- No parking hassles
- Keep your distance from others without reducing your quality of care
- Review diagnostic tests
To request a telemedicine appointment:
- Call 251-433-4700 to find out if you are a candidate to schedule a virtual appointment.
If it is determined that you still need an in-person visit, we ask that all patients follow our updated policies on office visits:
- Only one caregiver per patient
- No one under the age of 18
We ask that you call to reschedule your appointment if you:
- Have had a fever or been in contact with anyone with fever
- Experienced shortness of breath, cough, or achiness
- Have been in contact with anyone who has been exposed to COVID-19 or may have been exposed to COVID-19
We are following CDC recommendations for screening and management of patients. If you are at all concerned that you may have been exposed to or are infected with COVID-19 or any other infectious disease, your best course of action is to seek guidance from your primary care physician.